As a result of COVID-19, schools are being shut down and students are being home schooled. What that means is that your child is being glued to the screen more than ever before! They are doing school work on the computer, passing time by playing video games on the computer and cellphone, and watching movies and shows on their digital devices. It is important to ensure your child’s eyes are not being overworked and strained during this time. If not properly controlled, your child’s eye may become more nearsighted.
- Working in a dimly lit environment
- Sitting for a prolonged period of time
- Not taking breaks between screen time
- Too close to the digital screen
- Not having proper eyeglasses
- Bright and even lit environment
- Getting up and get physical
- Taking a break between school work and leisure time that involves computers
- Proper viewing computer distance (little longer than arm’s length)
- Properly fitted eyeglasses for computer viewing purposes
Prolonged viewing on digital devices AND being cooped up increases the chance your child will become more nearsighted. Proper eyeglasses combined with blue light blocking coating and prescription for computer viewing can alleviate eye strain and chances of worsening of vision.
Contact us to see how we can help you and your child’s vision needs during these confusing times. We are able to even have the glasses completed in 1 day with certain prescriptions.